Just returned from their first trip to the coast, to visit Papa's family, both girls had their four month check-up today. Hazel weighs in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and Cora is now up to 9 lbs. 3 oz. Both received high praise from Dr. Young and since they are preemies, we're going to allow another month before starting cereal, so their tummies can better mature. In addition, Hazel may get the monitor off soon. Dr Young is going to discuss it with the neonatologist in the NICU who prescribed it before telling us for sure whether we can get rid of it. At today's trip, each received more vaccinations and since have been fussy all night tonight. They should feel better after a good night's rest (as will all of us). All in all, both girls received a strong bill of health in their check-up, so much so that he doesn't want to see them for two more months. They have a follow-up eye appointment with Dr. Spencer tomorrow. We expect things to turn out great on that visit as well.
As stated before, we traveled to the Outer Banks to introduce Cora and Hazel to the extended family and to appear at the March of Dimes walk. Team 'Forever Hope' created in the two girls' honor performed well in the walk and overall received 2nd place for fund raising - over seven thousand dollars in total. They certainly deserve a pat on the back for all their hard work. While at the coast, the girls went for a quick visit to the beach for the first time. They were sure to wear their protective hats that Grammaw Creef got them so the sun wouldn't harm their tender, baby skin. Be sure and check out these and other pictures from the trip in the slide-show gallery to the left.
Hello sweet precious girls! I absolutely love your outfits and hats in these pictures. Very stylish! I couldn't have done it better myself! :) You are learning early...this makes Auntie Amy very proud!
ReplyDeleteI got a pitiful text message from you yesterday...you were very upset because you had your first shots. I am so sorry sweeties! I do not like shots either. I know you were so brave. And I am so impressed you can text already, such growing girls! :)
Uncle Richard and I are settling in from the wedding an honeymoon but things are pretty much back to normal. We are both very excited to see you this weekend! We have some presents that we cannot wait to give you! We hae presents for your mama and papa too...we can't forget them!
Get ready for a fun day and lots of attention on Saturday!
Love,
Auntie Amy