Yesterday the girls had a busy day. First off, Hazel and Cora had a fun visit with Grandpa the Great and Grandma Crouch the Great. They were able to stop by and hold them for the first time. Cora was calm and enjoyed the visit while Hazel made a game of trying to escape and squirm from their grasp every chance she could. Lucky for her Grandpa the Great and Grandma the Great have a solid grip or she would've been gone!
After that, they had their first visit with Child Developmental Services. They are an agency who helps track premature babies developmental growth to be sure they progress the same, or as much the same as possible, as term babies. They make in home visits and test reflexes, how they react to stimuli, visual acuity, physical therapy, etc. and also provide a case manager who can help direct Mama and Papa where to go for certain situations, if the need arises. Both girls are at a 2-3 month level on most things. There are some goals to reach but no major concerns at this time.
Today will be a day with Papa while Mama runs some errands and then tonight they'll take their first trip to Granny and Granddaddy's house to grill out.
Hello you sweet little precious twins! I saw the picture of you two with Grandma and Grandpa the Great, it almost made me cry! I am missing everything! :( Your Auntie Amy might need to move back to Greensboro so she can enjoy all the fun with everyone else! Shhhh...don't tell Granny, she'll get her hopes up!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a special moment you got to share with Grandma and Grandpa. They have a lot of love to give.
I loved your cute matching outfits. Very school spirited!
I can't wait to see you. You're growing so fast!
Today your Uncle Richard and I have to finalize a few more last minute details for the wedding. We have to do our pre-marital counseling during lunch. This is basically where a very smart professional tells us whether or not we are compatible. I know, it is silly. You think we'll get a good report?
Love you very much and miss you more!!!
Auntie Amy