Sunday, February 21, 2010


Cora's weekend was a lot different from last weekend. Her belly issues are calming down. She has not had any bradys, spits, or choking episodes. Another urine culture was taken today. Her last one, taken Thursday, came back with bacterial growth. The doctor feels this is a contaminate. Oral antibiotics were given just to be cautious. The results of the culture will be back Tuesday. She is not showing any signs of a sickness. She has reached her weight goal, now weighing 4 lbs. .1 oz. As soon as her temperature is stable, she will get a new bed! Cora also drank 10 ml from a bottle! She is working hard on reaching all her goals.

Hazel has been very calm this weekend, spending most of it sleeping. There were a few bradys. Her nurses said each time if they had not been right there, they would not have even know. Some of her bradys did not set of the alarms on the monitor. She is also progressing. Due to her sleepiness, she did not show an interest in eating from a bottle. We will try again when she is more alert. Her weight is 3 lbs. 10.8 oz. Her temperature is stable. As soon as she reaches her weight, Hazel will also get a crib.

This week will be another week full of check ups, new exams, and tests. Both girls will have another eye exam, a physical therapist check up, the normal exams, and receive their first series of vaccinations. It will be a tiring week for the girls.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello sweet little ones! Your Auntie Amy was out of town this weekend on a girls trip, so I wasn't able to check the blog for updates. My goodness how much has changed in just a few days! Hazel, is that you I see wearing clothes too? You have both grown so much and seem to be progressing in just the right direction! I am so pleased.

    I cannot wait to see you again! I am glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

    Love you!

    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora, I don't know what is causing the uniary tract infections. I hope they get the right antibotic and knock it right out. Both of you just hang out this week and let everyone have their look @ Grandmaw's little angels. Keep growing and drinking your milk. You both have a present @ grandmaws house from Ms. Connie Francis, and grandmaw has been collecting items from Aunt Mel and stuff that grandmaw has found that will make life easier later on for mama. We are loking forward to seeing you both soon.

    Love Grandmaw & Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete