Sunday, February 14, 2010


Happy Valentines Day!

Hazel nuzzled today for a long period of time. She was very alert and enjoyed being held. When she was first born, she did not like to be touched. Now the night nurses have to hold her before she goes to sleep after a feeding. She loves to cuddle and snuggle. We also did kangaroo care. She was very upset when our time was over. She turned bright red and started to cry when she was taken away. Her weight stayed about the same, only gaining half an ounce. This puts her at 3 lbs. 4.5 oz.

Cora's belly is a little upset. The nurse practitioners, doctor, and nurses have tried a variety of options today. It could be from the antibiotics. She will receive her last dose tomorrow at noon. They have tried a combination of formula and milk, giving her less food, and giving her straight milk. Hopefully they will have a solution soon. They do not feel she has another infection or she is getting NEC (a disease of the intestines preemies will sometimes get). Her weight increased by half an ounce as well. She weighs 3 lbs. 13.5 oz. She is so close to the 4 lb. goal. Today she wore a valentines gown. She enjoyed her new outfit but continues to be confused by the dressing process.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweet little ones! Your auntie was on cloud 9 Saturday when she got to see you both. It had been about a month since I saw you last. You have both grown so much!

    Cora, you looked so cute getting your bath...and so confused! But I think you like the outfits you get to wear! :)

    Hazel, I loved being able to hold you. You would just sleep and grin...and giggle! You think everything is funny. It is so cute.

    Cora, you slept in Granddaddy's arms the whole time. You looked so calm and sweet like you could lay there forever.

    I love you both very much. I cannot wait to see you again! Cora, I hope I get to hold you next time! :)

    Oh PS - word on the street is Hazel has seven o'clocks like her auntie! Glad to hear we're all regular!

    ReplyDelete