Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Cora had a little bit of a rough day. She stayed awake for a long time. When she finally went to sleep, she would only sleep if she was held. Granny had to come over and help hold Cora so Mama could eat and shower. Granny enjoyed her cuddle time. Cora enjoyed being held but was still pouting. By mid-afternoon, she was very congested. We are hoping she does not have a cold. The humidifier in our room and the nasal aspirator (Cora's most favorite toy ever!) should help. If it has not improved by morning, we will call the doctor. With her long day today, she should sleep through the night.

Hazel is getting better and better. We are starting to prepare for her to come home. We feel like her time in the NICU is coming to an end. She is starting to look and act like a newborn. Her favorite time is spent in her swing. She likes it so much, she was given a new swing tonight. She wore out the other one. The music must be on and the setting must be at least half way. If it is not to her liking, she will let you know. We will be buying another swing by the end of this week. The new formula is helping her reflux. The promod (extra protein) that was added to her milk was taken out today. It makes her too gassy. The ultimate goal is for Hazel to receive the powder formula in her milk. We are very close to a solution. Her weight today is 5 lbs. 7.1 oz.

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet dear Cora! Look at that face! You look so pitiful! I am sorry sweetie. You must not feel well. I know Granny enjoyed her time with you. She loves her grand babies! I hope you feel better so you and your parents can get some rest! Here's hoping for a better day!

    Hazel, I agree your time at the NICU is coming to an end. It sounds like you might be coming home very soon! We are very excited for this! I know your parents and sister miss you very much. Keep up that good work and stay healthy! I am glad to hear the reflux is better. That is also very funny about the swing. We just like things a certain way don't we? :)

    Love,


    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello pretty girls! Cora, I hate it that you're feeling not-so-hot. Aunt Mel hates being stuffy too. Tell your mama & papa that infant saline drops might help you out too. That is what I used on Rylie alot when she was stuffy and it worked like a charm in drying up her up. Hazel, I know you are so excited to be so close to coming home!!!! Keep up the good work and as soon as all my people at work come back from their vacations, I should be able to come up and visit you!!!! Love you!
    -Aunt Mel-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at that face! My goodness gracious, Cora. You know it just makes me want to scoop you up!

    Hazel, I'm so glad to hear that it looks like they reached a solution with you feedings. I know that reflux doesn't feel good, sweetie! I feel your time in the NICU is almost over too. I know everyone will be so happy to have you home!

    I can't wait to come visit and see both of you!
    Love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words of wisdom from Caley and Lilly:

    Caley - Cora, you look so adorable with your Granny. You look like you want someone to hold you.

    Lilly - Sorry Cora, they can't hold you all the time.

    Lilly should know, she always wants to be held...even now at 3!

    We can't wait to come see you and your sissy and we're so excited that you will be together again soon!

    hugs, kisses and cuddles,
    ann, caley and lilly

    ReplyDelete