Tonight Papa is staying with Cora while Mama is rooming in with Hazel. At first Hazel was confused on where she was at. She knew she had been moved to a new environment. She looked around ewwing and ahhing before she lost interest and wanted her swing. Everyone is sad to see her go but glad she will be reunited with her sister. Both girls have left an impression at the NICU. The heart monitor is in place. There is no chance anyone, possibly in our entire neighborhood, will sleep through this alarm. It rivals the fire alarm at the school. Hazel does not like this sound. We are fine with her distaste. Maybe it will mean she will keep those bradys in line when she is at home. In true Hazel fashion, she had a brady this evening with her meal. She was very stressed from all the changes and wanted us to know it. Right now she is sleeping somewhat peacefully in her swing. Tomorrow will bring a series of tests then the long awaited trip home! Today Hazel weighs 5 lbs. 11 oz.
Cora is enjoying her last day alone at home. We cannot tell if she knows her sister is coming home. Mentioning it to her gets mixed results, a smile or a pout. She continues to enjoy pooping, passing very lady-like gas, eating, Boppy time, tummy time, story time, and swing time.
Hello sweet little ones! Today is a big day! I am so excited Hazel will be coming home and the sisters will be reunited! I know this whole process has been very confusing, but everything will settle down now. So you can relax! Especially you Hazel...once you get home, things will all make sense and those bradys will soon disappear! Right?! :)
ReplyDeleteCora, I am so proud to hear that you are passing "lady like gas". You are definately part of the family! If anyone ever tries to tell you ladies don't do "such things" you tell them they're delusional. Your Uncle Richard used to be one of those people, but I broke him in...so you just keep at it girl!
Well we are 19 days away from when your Auntie Amy and Uncle Richard get married. Can you believe it?! I know, I am nervous too. BUT, that also means that I am just 18 days away from seeing my sweet little nieces! Now THAT is something to really look forward to! :)
I love you very much. Please stay healthy and keep growing. Have fun together tonight, but try to let your parents get some rest. I am sure you will both have a lot of gossip and secrets to catch up on!
Love,
Auntie Amy