Monday, March 22, 2010


Today was the girl's due date! They are 40 weeks old! Happy Birthday!
Three months ago today the girls were born.

Cora weighs 6 lbs! She had another check up with her pediatrician this morning. He gave her a good report. She does not have to go back for another 2 weeks. Everything is progressing nicely. Cora is still only eating breast milk. Human Milk Fortifiers (HMF) have been ordered. When they come in, she will began putting the HMF in her milk again. It is being added for the extra calories and nutrients. She did very well with HMF in the NICU. After her appointment, she enjoyed time with Granny, swing time, tummy time, story time, and Boppy time. All this was an effort to get Cora to sleep tonight. Last night she allowed her Mama to get only about an hour of sleep. Cora thought night time was play time and cuddle time. We are hoping tonight will be different.

Hazel looks so much better. She is smiling and giggling again. Seeing her back to herself is such a relief. The way she was acting tonight gives us hope she will be coming home sooner rather than later, as predicted. The nutritionist, Kathy, changed Hazel's formula. She is no longer receiving a Special Care 30 and breast milk combination. Now she only receiving a lactose free formula. This formula has the same amount of calories and the rice cereal is already added. It has everything we were discussing adding to her other formula combination already in it. Hazel has only had four feedings with this new formula. She is a different baby. She does not act uncomfortable or in pain. She looked peaceful and rested in her swing. Hopefully this will do the trick. She has not had any bradys since yesterday morning. The countdown has begun. Today's weight is 5 lbs. 4.8 oz.

3 comments:

  1. *singing* "Go Hazel ... it's your birthday" ... literally, huh? hahaha .. sorry I know I know - Aunt Mel is silly. I'm so glad you're doing better. Ya know, I'm lactose intolerant too ... it hurts my tummy really bad and I feel uncomfortable and in pain too whenever I have any. Sometimes, it can't be avoided, but anyways - so glad you're feeling better.
    and Cora - Happy Birthday!!!! So proud of you to be doing so good!!! Your cousins, Rylie & Natalie aren't feeling so hot - AGAIN! Can you believe it? They started with the snifflies and sore throats all over again. craziness I tell ya ... Our team has raised CLOSE to $1000 for the March of Dimes in your name!!! Isn't that cool? Keep up the good work my girls and I will see you soon! Love you!
    -Aunt Mel-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning my little sweeties!!! Grandmaw is sooo glad that things are going better. Cora, good job on your Dr.'s appointment and the weight gain. YooHoo! Good news on the formula change. I hope this is the fix we've been looking for. Hazel, grandmaw & pawpaw are soo glad that your tummy is feeling better. We are looking forward to you being home soon. Good job on the weight gain. Hope the lack of brady's continue. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet little ones! It's your Auntie Amy! I am so excited you are both doing so well. Cora I cannot believe you are 6lbs! Woah! You will look like a different baby the next time I see you! :)

    Hazel I am so relieved you are feeling better. It is nice to hear you are laughing and giggling again. Now that's what I'm talking about! Keep it up so you can come home soon. The brady count down begins!

    We love you both very much. I hope to see both of you at the wedding. Your Granny bought a cute shoe book I cannot wait to read to you. I think you will love it!

    Stay healthy and keep growing!

    Love,

    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete