Sunday, March 14, 2010


Improvement is slow but steady for Hazel. Papa and Mama both got long visits with her today. They went in shifts while the other watched Cora back at home. Hazel surprised the morning nurse by taking a full bottle and then she took half when Papa came by. Then, later in evening, she took another whole bottle for Mama. So her appetite is back up and she is drinking almost completely from the bottle again. Hopefully the feeding tube will be removed soon. The nasal cannula will likely come out tomorrow because she is breathing over it already. It is there merely as a precaution. Her round of antibiotics will be complete tomorrow but her IV came out of her foot today, so they had to put it back in for just a measly day. They've already done each limb, some more than once, so they went ahead and put it in her head. So now we have pictures of both girls with IV's in their heads. Again, this should hopefully come out tomorrow. And lastly, she was moved from under the warming bed back to a big girl's bed like she was in before the surgery.

Cora continued her tummy time exercises today and listened to Mama read her some books. She also helped fold some laundry and napped a lot today. Papa took her for a short walk outside but she didn't like how bright it was and just clenched her eyes shut the whole time. She is drinking 90 ml each feeding now, a far cry above what she was drinking when she came home.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Cora!!!!! Look at you having tummy time!!! You look like such a big girl! You're going to be walking before I can even get there to see you guys!!!! :( But I'm so proud of you.
    And YOU, Hazel ... You are such a fightin' girl ... I'm proud of you too! I know how badly you want to get better to go home and play with sissy. Keep up the good work and it'll be here before you know it.
    I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Cora, Look at you having tummy time. You have gotten soooo BIG! I know you are missing Hazel, as well as Hazel missing you. Now you can say you were a magical unicorn too. It makes grandmaw hurt to hear you have an IV in your head. Hopefully it will come out soon. Keep gain the weight and eating all your milk. Soon you can come home with Mama,Papa, and Sissy. Grandmaw will have to get you both some really cool sunglasses, for your time outside with Papa & Grandpaw. See you this weekend! I'm looking forward to getting some kisses.

    Grandmaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet little ones!

    I have enjoyed watching you two grow up over the past few months. I cannot believe you are almost 3 months old! Cora, my goodness! Look at how big you have gotten! You are so cute in your tummy time. You look like you are having a ball! I bet you are so glad to be home. Be thinking of your sister so she can come home and have tummy time with you!

    Hazel, you poor thing. I know you haven't felt well. This must be very hard for you. We are all thinking of you. Home is very close, we feel it. Soon you will be home with your sister. Everyone misses you. You keep getting better. Stay the strong girl we all know you are, we are so proud of you!

    Love,

    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete